If you are searching for ways to Unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i then your search ends right here. If you wish to root your device or install custom ROM’s then you need to unlock the bootloader first. In this article, we are going to discuss how to unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i. Unlocking the bootloader on Realme 3/3i needs an additional step which is to use the official unlock tool also known as “in-depth test” to legitimize the bootloader. After verification, you can unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i.
The Realme 3i, as stated previously is basically a nerfed-down version of the Realme 3 and Realme 3 Pro. It still maintains the beautiful full display look but comprises a bit on the internals and the build materials to cut down the price significantly.
Why you should unlock the bootloader?
There are a lot of reasons which might want you to unlock the bootloader on your Realme 3/3/i. Unlocking the bootloader on your device allows you to root your Android device. Unlocking your bootloader also means you can troubleshoot a lot more issues than ever before. For example, if your device goes into a boot loop or a soft brick, then the first step to revive it requires you to unlock its bootloader.
Moreover, you can use powerful root applications like Magisk and Xposed Framework to sideload some really amazing third-party extensions that will boost your device’s capabilities. After unlocking the bootloader on your device you will not be able to stream HD content on streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, etc. Although there is a solution for that if you have rooted your phone, you could use a Magisk Module to stream the content and enjoy it in HD. Also, the users will continue to receive official Realme UI OTA updates on their phones after unlocking the bootloader.
Before moving onto the steps to unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i there are some prerequisites that you need to follow.
- You should take a complete backup of your device before unlocking the bootloader. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data so in order to access all your data again make sure that you take a complete backup.
- Download and install the latest ADB and Fastboot tool.
- Keep your device appropriately charged, at least to a minimum level of 60%.
- Install all the latest USB drivers for your Realme 3/3i on your PC.
- Lastly, you need a data transfer cable to connect your phone to your Windows PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3/Realme 3i
1. First, we need to Enable OEM Unlock on the realme device. To do this head towards settings then select about then you will see the option “Build number” tap on it continuously to enable “Developer options”, then go “Settings” > “Additional Settings” > “Developer options” on your phone and enable the “OEM Unlock”.
2. Now download and install the official unlock tool for your Realme device to legitimize the device’s bootloader for unlocking. Below are the links to download the APK.
3. After the installation is complete, launch the unlock tool APK and click on “Start Applying”. Now you will find a list of instructions on your screen, check the “I have read and agreed to the aforesaid content” and select “Submit application”.
4. This will send a report status to Realme, which will then verify your device’s integrity and hopefully approve it for unlocking the bootloader. Now wait for 20-60 minutes, you should see a message reading Review Accepted.
5. Now your unlocking bootloader request has been approved. So now we can proceed with unlocking the bootloader on Realme 3/3i. To unlock the bootloader click on the start in-depth test button. This will automatically reboot your device into fastboot mode.
6. Connect your device to the PC while it is in fastboot mode and open the command line on your PC. Enter the below command :
7. Now the command will return the device ID, if not then install the proper USB drivers for your device.
8. Enter the below command to start with the bootloader unlocking process.
.\fastboot flashing unlock
./fastboot flashing unlock
9. After executing the command, you will get a warning message about unlocking the bootloader.
10. You will see two options on your screen first Do not unlock the bootloader second Unlock the bootloader, press the Volume Up button to highlight the Unlock the Bootloader option, and finally press the Power button to select it and unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i.
After following these steps the bootloader of your device will be unlocked and all the data on your device will be wiped out.
Relocking the Bootloader
If you wish to restore the device back to its factory state or you are worried about security issues then you can relock the bootloader on your Realme 3/3i. Just follow our step to step guide given below and you will be good to go.
- The first step is to download the unlock tool APK and install it on your phone.
- Now launch the application and click on “Apply to exit in-depth test”.
- Now boot your device into bootloader mode. To do this, power off the phone and then hold the Volume Down + Power keys simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the desktop through a USB cable.
- Open the command- line on your PC and execute the following command:
- On Windows:
.\fastboot flashing lock
./fastboot flashing lock
- After executing the command you will get a confirmation prompt on your device. Use the Volume keys to select “LOCK THE BOOTLOADER” and press the Power button to confirm and relock the bootloader on your Realme 3/3i.
- All the data on your device will be lost and it will reboot to OS automatically.
So by now, I hope you have learned that how you can unlock the bootloader on Realme 3/3i and how you can relock the bootloader using the official method. Now you can root your device easily if you wish to. Follow all the steps carefully for bootloader unlocking, if you still face any issues feel free to ask us in the comment section.