The Oneplus 8 has already garnered a lot of hype. It is one of the best devices available in the market because of its specifications as well as the price. It is undoubtedly a premium device with the best hardware and its companion software is remarkable too.
You might consider the bootloader as a huge help but it does come with risky possibilities. Once you unlock it you can root your phone, Xposed framework, boot screens, kernel mods, and whatnot. But doing this is very risky if you don’t know what are you doing. So read this full article, in order to stay away from the risks and safely unlock the bootloader on your oneplus 8 device. In this article, you will get to know about the steps to follow to successfully unlock the Oneplus 8 Bootloader.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 8
Before we move ahead in this process , there are some prerequisites that you should follow in order to prevent your device from issues.
Charge your OnePlus device
You need to make sure that your device is charged to a sufficiently high level. Well you might have a question that what should that level be?. And my answer to that is the device should be 60% or more charged. This is because if your device suddenly turn off in the midst of the process your device might face some issues.
Take a complete backup
You might have very important files or data saved in your OnePlus 8 device. In order to access that files or data again you need to take a complete backup, as unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe out the data.
Install USB Drivers
For unlocking the bootloader on your Oneplus 8 you need a PC, and for PC to successfully recognize your device , it is necessary to install the USB drivers for your OnePlus device.
Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
Well this is the last prerequisite , you need to follow . You need to install the ADB and fastboot tools on your PC. This is done so that your PC recognizes your device in ADB and fastboot Mode .
Instructions to Unlock bootloader on OnePlus 8
1) The first step in this process is to enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking . So open the Settings on your device and head over to about phone . Then keep on tapping the Build number at least 7-8 times until you get a message saying you’re now a developer.
2) Now you need to enable the USB Debugging on your device, which you will find on the same screen itself.
3) After enabling the USB debugging , you need to connect your device to a PC via USB cable. After doing so you will get a popup asking your permission for USB debugging authorization. Tap ALLOW.
4) Now head over to the platform tool folder and type “cmd” in the address bar. It will open the command prompt on your PC.
5) You need to enter the following command in that command prompt which will help the device to boot in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
6) Finally, enter the below code which will unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 8 device.
fastboot oem unlock
7) After executing the above command there will be a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the unlock bootloader option and then press the power key to select that option
So that is it. After performing all the above steps, the bootloader will be unlocked successfully. If the boot takes some time to complete don’t worry about that as the first boot takes some time to complete.