This article will show you how to Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2 using fastboot method. So, go through the guide below for step-by-step instructions.
Xiaomi Mi A2 is the latest flagship Android one device in the ‘A’ series of Xiaomi smartphones. Now, let’s talk quickly about the device. So, Mi A2 is overall a quite powerful Android one device as it comes with 6GB/4GB of RAM, Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor, and Adreno 512. This Xiaomi’s smartphone comes with pre-installed Android 8.1 Oreo which is upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie.
Rather than this, the Xiaomi Mi A2 has a very powerful dual rear camera of 20 and 12 MP. Whereas the front has 20 MP of camera.
So, if you’ve got your hands on this device and looking to Unlock bootloader of it. Then, you’ve come to the right place. Because, just below, we have provided the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow in sequence to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A2.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi A2
Unlocking the bootloader terminates the manufacturer warranty of the device. However, relocking the bootloader is also possible. But still, move forward into the guide at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. So, please take the risk at your own responsibility.
In order to unlock Xiaomi Mi A2 bootloader, you need to fulfill some of the requirements that we have listed below;
- Sometimes, system modifications may lead to data loss. In order to avoid any kind of data loss, please ensure to take a complete backup of your Xiaomi device.
- Make sure to charge your Mi A2 to a sufficient battery level.
- In the Android developer options, enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlocking.
- You also need to install Minimal ADB and fastboot tools on your desktop.
- Make sure that PC has already Xiomi USB driver installed.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2 via Fastboot
In order to unlock bootloader of Xiomi MI A2, you need to follow the given instructions below. But make sure you have fulfilled the prerequisites stated below. Once you have done with the prerequisites, you can go with the instructions below.
- Shut down your Mi A2 Completly.
- Then, boot the device into fastboot or bootloader by pressing and holding Volume down+ Power button until the device starts booting.
- Once the device has successfully entered into the fastboot mode, connect to it the PC using the USB cable.
- Now, go to the ‘ADB folder‘ on your computer.
- Now, right-click from your mouse while holding the SHIFT key and select ‘Open PowerShell Window Here‘ from the listed option.
- In the PowerShell Window, type and enter the command below:
- Windows Users: fastboot devices
- Linux/Mac Users: ./fastboot devices
- As soon as you run the command above, it will return the devices list along with the unique device’s ID that is connected to the PC. In case, if your device is not listed there, then try to reconnect the USB Cable and configuring the USB Driver.
- Now, you can Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2 by executing the below command:
- Windows Users: fastboot oem unlock
- Linux/Mac Users: ./fastboot oem unlock
- Once you’ve entered the command above, a screen will prompt on your Xiaomi device’s screen for the confirmations of the Unlocking of the bootloader.
- Use the volume buttons of your phone to select the ‘UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER’ option. Once selected, hit Power Button to finalize the action.
That’s it. Now, your Xiaomi Mi A2 should boot into the OS. You can now move ahead to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi A2 to gain superuser right over the device.
In case, if you are facing any issue while unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi device, then feel free to drop us a comment below.
Leave a Reply