This article will take you through the step-by-step guide to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1. So, to do so, go through the article below.
Xiaomi’s ‘A’ series is powered by Google, which makes these Android phones to run on pure stock Android OS. Mi A1 is the very first Android One device which was announced by Xiaomi back in Sep 2017.
So, as all, we know this smartphone is powered by Google itself and runs on stock Android, this makes the phone’s bootloader to be unlocked through ADB commands. To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A1, we can perform the ADB and Fastboot method. To do so, go through the article below.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1
Unlocking the bootloader is a quite simple process. But it needs you to fulfill some requirements. We have listed them below. So, please take a look at those prerequisites before getting into the process.
Disclaimer: Unlocking the bootloader terminates the manufacturer warranty of the device. However, relocking the bootloader is also possible. But still, move forward into the guide at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. So, please take the risk at your own responsibility.
- In some cases, performing system modification operations can lead to data loss. So, we do highly recommend you to take a complete backup of your device.
- To avoid sudden battery hiccups, make sure to charge your Xiaomi smartphone to a sufficient battery level.
- In order to push ADB commands to the device, you must have ADB and Fastboot tools installed on your PC.
- Appropriate Xiaomi USB Driver should already be installed on your desktop.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlocking in the Android Developer settings.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Power OFF your Xiaomi device completely.
- Then, go to ‘ADB Folder‘ on your PC.
- Choose ‘Open PowerShell Window Here’ from the options by hitting ‘SHIFT Key + Right Click‘.
- Now, connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Then, boot it into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode by executing the command below:
adb reboot bootloader
- If the device enters into the fastboot or bootloader mode using the command above, then it means the smartphone has successfully been connected to the PC.
- In case, if the device doesn’t boot in the fastboot mode, then try re-installing the USB Driver.
- Now, run the below command to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A1:
fastboot oem unlock
- The above command will unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi device. To get back or reboot into the OS, run the command below:
Now, You have successfully been able to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 using Fastboot. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1 or any other custom Android recovery. Furthermore, once you’ve unlocked the bootloader and Installed TWRP, you can also Root Xiaomi Mi A1.
In case, if you’ve been stuck somewhere between the steps of Unlocking the Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A1, then feel free to drop us a comment below.