If you are looking for the soloution for how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro then you have come to the right place. Just go through this article until the end without missing a single word.
OnePlus 7 Pro is another flagship smartphone from the OnePlus Brand. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor and includes 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage which you can’t expand. This device.
This device has 6.6 inches long touch screen and supports 4000mAh battery capacity and comes up with triple rear camera of 48+16+8MP and a front camera of 16MP. Many in-built features are also available like Face unlock, Face Retouching and much more. Now let’s get into the main topic of this article.
How To Unlock Bootloader – OnePlus 7 Pro
The guide is meant to unlock bootloader only OnePlus 7 Pro. Kindly don’t try these instructions with any device or model.
Backup Your Device
Before starting the unlocking process it’s important to take a full back-up of your device. However, it’s not compulsory but whenever we do some modification in our device there are high chances that our device will be wiped out. So it’s better to take back-up rather than regretting later.
There are many ways through which you can take back-up of your device, we have mentioned below some of them for your comfort:
- Upload your data to Google Drive.
- For large files, you can take help of SD Card, external hard disk, pen drive, etc.
- You can also sync your data with your Google account on your device.
So these are some ways through you can easily take the backup of your device. If you want to know more about them you can read a detailed guide on google.
Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tools (SDK Platform-tools)
Another thing that you have to do is download the ADB and Fastboot Tools which is very necessary without it you wouldn’t be able to move further. ADB is a tool which is mainly used for executing the command to your device through the system with the help of USB Cable.
In order to install ADB and Fastboot tools, you have to download the Platform-tools package and then extract it on your system.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
After installing the ADB and Fastboot tools the next step that you have to take is Enable the USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from the Android Developer’s settings in order to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro.
For unlocking it follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to settings then click on “about phone”.
- After that scroll down until the end and keep hitting on ‘Build number’ until you see ‘now you are a developer’ on the middle of your device screen.
- Now, go back to settings and select ‘Developer Options’ from there.
- Enable USB Debugging and ‘OEM Unlocking’ using the toggle button under the above tab.
- After performing all the above steps you would be asked to confirm the action, so just allow it and accept the warning to proceed further.
That’s it these were the steps that you need to follow to enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking. Now when you connect your device with your system for the first time you will have to allow the popup screen on your device. this will only happen once. After allowing it you wouldn’t be asked again in future until you remove the computer from the list of trusted devices.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro
We have mentioned below all the points in the sequence which you have to follow to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro. Make sure you follow each and every step to avoid any kind of issue during the unlocking process.
- Shut down your device properly
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing “Volume down+power button” together.
- After you entered into the fastboot mode you need to connect your device with the system via USB Cable.
- In the next step, go to “ADB Folder” which is located in “local disk-C”.
- After entering into the “ADB Folder” press “shift+righ click” on an empty space of it and then choose “Open PowerShell window here” from the options.
- In the PowerShell window enter the given below according to your device:
Windows users: fastboot devices
Linux/Mac users: ./fastboot devices
- After performing the above command you need to check whether your device is successfully connected or not if your device unique Id is showing on the screen then you are able to move further otherwise try to re-connect your device again with the system
- Now you are eligible for unlocking the bootloader on OnPlus 7 Pro by executing the command given below:
Windows users: fastboot oem unlock
Linux/Mac users: ./fastboot oem unlock
- After performing the above steps your screen will flash with a confirmation message for unlocking bootloader option.
- For selecting the option you can use your device volume buttons and then press the power button to finish the unlocking process.
So that’s it these were the steps that you need to take in order to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro. If you face any kind of trouble during the process kindly, drop us a comment below.