If you are looking for the method to root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk then you are at the right place. In this guide, we will show how you can root your Mi A3 using Magisk without actually installing TWRP in it. Under this method, we will flash the patched “boot.img” file on your Xiaomi device via ADB Command.
This whole guide is divided into different sections. So make sure you stick to the article till the end in order to root your device properly without committing any mistakes.
After Rooting your device with Magisk you will not only be able to use rooted applications on it like Permission Ruler and Viper4Android but along with this, the rooting procedure will be carried down systemless-ly which means without affecting your system files. Some other popular benefits you can access Customs ROMs, images, ZIPs, kernels, etc.
Guide To Root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk without TWRP Recovery
In this whole guide, we will be discussing the procedure to root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk without installing TWRP Recovery. It consists of flashing the patched Stock “boot.img” file of your Xioami device via Fastboot commands which we will go through later in this article in detail.
Also, make sure that you refer to this guide to root Xiaomi Mi A3 only otherwise if you apply any instructions or resources of this article to root any other device then you may end up causing some serious damage to your device.
Now let’s proceed further without wasting any second.
- Take a complete backup of your device before beginning with the rooting process. Although rooting will not harm your device storage but still it would be suggested to take a complete backup on the safe side.
- Then, unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi A3 without which you won’t able to root your device.
- After unlocking it, install the “Android SDK Platform Tools” on your system which will allow you to perform ADB Commands.
- The next step is to enable the USB Debugging mode on your Xiaomi device.
- Lastly, install the latest “Magisk Manager” App on your Xiaomi Mi A3 which will help you to patch the stock “boot.img” file.
These are some prerequisites which you need to consider before proceeding further with any step.
Step-1: Download Stock Boot.img file
The first step towards the rooting process is to download the Stock “boot.img” file for your Xiaomi Mi A3. But before downloading any file make sure you download the correct boot.img file in accordance with current software on your device. Because If you proceed with the wrong stock boot image file then you may face several possible issues on your Xiaomi device later.
Also, make sure that you avoid downloading the “pre-patched boot.img” file for the rooting process. It is always preferable to patch it yourself through Magisk Manager. So that it could take the backup of the current Stock boot.img file which you can have in use for installing OTA updates and unrooting process.
Go to the link given below to download the Stock “boot.img” file for Xiaomi Mi A3:
- Download Xiaomi Mi A3 Stock boot images from here.
Once the file is downloaded extract it (if necessary). Otherwise, just simply jump over to the next section which is patching the boot.img file using Magisk Manager.
Step-3: Patch Stock boot.img using Magisk Manager
After downloading the compatible Stock “boot.img” file. The next step is to patch it via Magisk Manager. For this, you need to download and install Magisk Manager on your Xiaomi Mi A3. You can get it using the blue link below.
Download Magisk Manager Latest Version for Android
- Once you’ve installed the Magisk Manager on your device, open it and tap on “Install” button.
- Then choose “select and patch file” option.
- Now open the folder where the boot.img file was downloaded in the step-1. After choosing the file press “Let’s Go” to proceed further.
After completion of the patching process, you can find out the patched boot.img file inside the “download” folder of your Xiaomi device.
Step-3: Flash Patched Boot.img File
Lastly, we will flash the magisk_patched.img using fastboot and ADB tools to root Xiaomi Mi A3.
- First, you have to connect your device with your laptop or PC with a compatible USB wire (one that came in a box). And also make sure that you have already enabled the USB debugging mode in your device.
- Now, you need to transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your device to the AD folder of your computer.
- Once the file is transferred, right-click on the mouse on an empty space while holding the “SHIFT Key”.
- Then click on the “Open PowerShell window” option from there.
- Now type and enter the command mentioned below to boot your Xiaomi device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, execute the following command to flash the patched boot image file and root Mi A3:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- This entire flashing process only would take few moments. Once the flashing process is done, then you can reboot your device by entering the command given below:
Finally, you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi A3 Via Magisk Manager without actually having TWRP In use. If you face any problem during the rooting process or have any query you can ask us with the help of the comment box given below.
Leave a Reply