In this tutorial, I will tell you how to Root OnePlus 6 and 6T Using magisk without having TWRP in use. In this process, we will firstly download the Stock “boot.img” file as per your device model. After then we will patch it through Magisk Manager and lastly, we will flash the patched “boot.img” file in your OnePlus 6 and 6T via fastboot commands.
For your ease, I have divided this whole tutorial into sub-parts. So make sure you don’t miss any part as it can lead to the failure of your OnePlus device.
After rooting you will be able to use rooted applications on your device which usually can’t be run on a normal Android smartphone. Some popular ones are Adblock Plus and Solid Explorer. Along with that, you will also be able to do modifications to your OnePlus 6 and 6T. Not only Some other rooting benefits are flashing Customs ROMs, ZIPs, Kernels, images on your OnePlus phone.
Guide To Root OnePlus 6 and 6T using Magisk without TWRP Recovery
As the first line of this tutorial said itself, This whole rooting procedure will be performed without TWRP involvement, or instead of flashing “Magisk ZIP” we will flash the “patched_boot.img” file of your OnePlus 6 and 6T.
This whole tutorial is made exclusively for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. So make sure you don’t refer to this guide for any other device otherwise it will harm your device in many possible ways for which we wouldn’t be responsible.
So now let’s proceed further in the rooting process without wasting any time.
- Before beginning with the rooting process, make sure you have taken the complete backup of your device to avoid any mishappening later.
- Now, Unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6 and 6T which is necessary to proceed further in the rooting process.
- After then, install the “Android SDK Platform Tools” on your PC or Laptop. As it will help you to push ADB Commands.
- In the next step, you need to enable the USB Debugging mode in your device which will help you with the functioning of ADB Commands.
- Lastly, download and install the latest version of “Magisk Manager” on your OnePlus 6/6T which will help you in patching the Stock “boot.img” file later on in the process.
So above were all the prerequisites that need to be done before you proceed further with any step to root OnePlus 6T and 6 using Magisk.
Step 1: Download Stock Boot.img file
Before downloading the “boot.img”, make sure that the file suits your device. Otherwise, if you flash and proceed with a file of any other device or model, then it can end up damaging your OnePlus phone.
Along with that, also avoid any “pre-patched boot image” file for rooting your device. It is always preferable to root it yourself with Magisk Manager.
So first you need to download the Stock boot.img file compatible with the current OxygenOS version on your OnePlus 6/6T. To download the file click on the link given below as per your OnePlus device model.
- Download OnePlus 6 Stock boot images from here
- Download OnePlus 6T Stock boot images from here
After downloading the file extract it or just copy the “boot.img” file (If extraction is not required) to any folder on your OnePlus device internal storage where you can easily locate it later.
Step 2: Patch Stock boot.img using Magisk Manager
Once you’ve got the boot image of your device, you need to patch it via Magisk Manager app in your OnePlus smartphone. For that, you need to download and install the application on your android phone. Get it from the below link.
After installing, open the app and then hit on the “Install” button, and then choose the “select and patch file” option. Now navigate to the folder where you have copied the downloaded “boot.img” file in Step 1. Once done, click on “Let’s go” to finally patch the boot image file.
Once the patching process is done, you can find the “magisk_patched.img” file inside the “Download” folder of your phone. Now, by flashing this file we can root OnePlus 6T and 6 easily. So, let’s finally jump over it.
Step : 3 Flash Patched Boot.img File
So, this is the last part of the guide where we will flash the Magisk_patched.img file on your OnePlus 6/6T using ADB and fastboot tools.
- First, connect your OnePlus6/6T to your PC or Laptop via a suitable USB cable, and also make sure that the USB Debugging mode on your device is enabled.
- Now you need to transfer the “Magisk_Patched.img” file from your device to the PC’s “Platform-Tools” folder.
- Once the file is transferred, press right-click on the empty space while holding the SHIFT Key.
- Now select “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Now execute the command given below in the “PowerShell Window” to boot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, flash the patched_boot.img file to root OnePlus 6 or 6T by pushing the below command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- This might take some time. Once the flashing is done, enter the below command to reboot the phone:
That’s it. So, the above was all on how to root OnePlus 6 and 6T with Magisk Manager without actually having TWRP in use. If you have any queries regarding the rooting process, you can ask us by dropping a comment below.
Leave a Reply