Finally, official TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro has arrived. In this article, we will cover everything that you need to know on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Redmi Note 7 Pro is the latest flagship device by Xiaomi. It features a 6.3 inches of display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Furthermore, the smartphone comes with Snapdragon 675 processor, 4000 mAh battery, and multiple storage variants.
The device runs on the very latest Android Pie, which is quite popular nowadays. Later on, we can see the Type-C USB reversible connector. So, this was a quick introduction to the specifications of the device. If you’ve got your hands on this device and looking to install a custom recovery, then keep going through the article.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro (Violet)
The guide only supports Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro (Codename: Violet). So, please do not try the guide, its downloads, and instructions on any other device or model.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Xiaomi smartphone. This guide is for educational purposes only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
For your convenience, we have separated the guide into three major sections. You need to go through and follow each one very carefully. So, let’s proceed with the prerequisites firstly.
Below are some of the key points which you need to follow before heading to the instructions. So, please take a look below:
- Sudden battery shutdowns may cause your device to be get bricked. So, please make sure to charge your Xiaomi device.
- If your phone has important data like chats, contacts, files, and photos, etc, then we do highly recommend you to take a backup of all of these things.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi device.
- In order to push ADB Commands to your device, you just need to install Minimal ADB & Fastboot tools before getting into the process.
- For the proper recognizing of the device to the computer, make sure to install Xiaomi USB Driver in your computer.
- At last, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking in the developer options of the Android settings.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro via Fastboot
- Download TWRP Recovery image file using the link above.
- Once downloaded, move it to the ADB folder on your Local Disk: (C).
- Now, Power OFF your Xiaomi device completely.
- Then, connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Once connected, boot it into the bootloader or fastboot mode using the Volume Down + Power button.
- After entering into the fastboot mode, go to the ADB Folder in your desktop.
- Right-click anywhere on an empty space while holding the Shift key inside the ADB folder.
- From the list of options, select ‘Open PowerShell Window Here’.
- To check whether the device is successfully connected to the PC or not, execute the below command:
- If the above command returns a unique device ID along with the fastboot message, then move forward to the next step. Otherwise, reconnect your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Now, run the command below to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-violet.img
- As soon as you hit the above PowerShell commands, the TWRP will be installed and the device will automatically boot into the OS.
That’s it. So, above were the steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro using fastboot. In case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps of this article, then you can leave us a comment below.
Leave a Reply