Are you looking to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4? If yes, then you are in the right place. This guide will help you with the TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 as well as with the installation instructions.
Before getting over to the instructions, let’s talk about some of the key features of this best selling smartphone. So, this device is quite impressive in terms of its design and it has a good battery life. If we talk about display, then it has a 5.50-inches of screen with 1080*1920 resolution. Furthermore, the Redmi note 4 comes with powerful 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 64-bit architecture.
When it comes to cameras, then the device has 13 MP of primary camera and 5 MP of secondary camera. So, now let’s move further on the guide.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Mido)
TWRP is a very useful utility tool for an Android device. And if you are a guy who do like to tweak their Android phone for fun or any other purpose, then flashing the TWRP could be a very common thing for you.
Now, let’s talk about the Redmi Note 4 TWRP Recovery that we are going to install on our device. So, this TWRP Recovery image supports Redmi Note 4 or 4X with the codename : Mido.
Taking further on the guide, the article has 3 sections – Prerequisites, Downloads, and instructions. You need to go through each of these sections one-by-one.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your smartphone. This guide is only for educational purposes. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can only assist you to further with the issue.
In this section, there are some basic requirements that you need to fulfill before proceeding to the instructions. These key points must be fulfilled to perform any further steps.
- Your device battery should be charged at least 70%.
- To avoid any kind of data loss, we do highly recommend you to take the complete backup of your Xiaomi device.
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 4.
- In the Android Developer Settings, allow USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have the appropriate USB Driver installed on the desktop.
- Minimal ADB and fastboot tools should already be installed on the PC.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Codename: Mido)
- ADB & Fastboot tools
- Xiaomi USB Driver
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Mido) via Fastboot
Note: In order to install the TWRP Recovery using fastboot method, you must need to have ADB & fastboot tools installed on your PC. If they are, then only the below commands and steps will work.
- First, download the TWRP Recovery image file for your device using the link provided above (but make sure you are downloading from the appropriate link for your device).
- Once the file is downloaded, then transfer it into the ADB Folder which is located in ‘Local disk‘.
- Then, you need to connect your Xiaomi phone to your desktop via USB Cable.
- Now, open ‘Powershell window’ in the ADB folder by pressing ‘Shift Key + right click‘ on an empty space.
- Then push the below command in the PowerShell window to directly boot the device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- After executing the above step, type and enter the command given below to see your device is connected or not. If your device unique ID is showing on the screen then you can move over to the upcoming steps, otherwise, you need to re-connect your device again.
- Now, you can flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by entering the below command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-mido.img
- Once done, enter the below command to reboot your device into MIUI from the bootloader mode:
That’s it. So, these were the steps that you need to follow in sequence to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using Fastboot. You can now install ROMs, images, etc. And can also root your Redmi Note 4 using Magisk.
In case, if you have any problem or query regarding any of the steps listed above, then you can shoot us in the comments for the help.
Leave a Reply