Are you looking for the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro? Then, this post will help you to download and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro easily using the fastboot method. So, go through the article for detailed information on this topic.
Redmi 6 Pro is a mid-range smartphone launched by Xiaomi back in July 2018. The device features 5.84 inches of display with a notch at the top. The smartphone runs on the MIUI which is based on Android Oreo (Upgradable to Pie). Furthermore, the Redmi 6 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 625 which clocks at the speed of 2.0 GHz. If you own this Xiaom’s smartphone and looking to replace the stock recovery with a custom recovery, then you are at the right place. Because this article will demonstrate you How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro using fastboot.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (Sakura)
This guide is intended for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro (Codename: Violet) only. So, please do not try the guide, its downloads, and instructions on any other device or model.
Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your Xiaomi smartphone. This guide is for educational purpose only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
We have listed some of the requirements below which you need to fulfill before getting into the installation process. So, make sure to take a look below:
- To avoid battery hiccups during the flashing process, make sure to charge your Xiaomi device to a sufficient battery level.
- We do highly recommend you to take a full backup of your device to avoid any kind of data loss that might occur during the installation.
- In order to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6 Pro, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device.
- Install a suitable Xiaomi USB Driver on your computer for establishing an error-free connection of the device to the PC.
- The flashing process of TWRP includes the pushing of ADB commands. So, makes sure to install Minimal ADB & Fastboot tools on your desktop.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro USB Driver
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tools
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro via fastboot
- Firstly, go ahead and download TWRP Recovery image for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro using the link above.
- After downloading, transfer it to the ADB folder which is present in the Local Disk (C:).
- Power off your Xiaomi device.
- Once the phone is completely switched off, connect it to the desktop through USB cable.
- Now, boot the smartphone into the fastboot mode.
- Once entered, open the ADB folder in your computer.
- Then right-click on your mouse while holding the Shift key.
- Now, you will see a number of options. Choose ‘Open PowerShell Window Here‘.
- In the PowerShell window, type and enter the below command to check the connection of the device to the computer:
fastboot devicesThe above command should now return a unique ID along with the fastboot message. If nothing is shown and you get an error, then please try to reinstall the USB driver or USB cable.
- Now, you can run the command below to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-sakura.imgAs soon as you push the above command, your device will start replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery. So, please wait here until the process finishes.
- Finally, execute the below command to reboot the device:
So, above was our shoot on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro using fastboot. You can now go ahead and flash Magisk to root redmi 6 pro. If you’re facing any problem or issue while installing the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi device, then feel free to drop us a comment below.