Through this step-by-step guide, you can learn how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8. Just follow this whole guide to do so.
The device was launched in India in May 2018. This Xiaomi device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor. It comes up in different storage variants like 6 GB/8 GB RAM and 64/128/256GB internal storage options.
If we talk about the screen display then it is 6.21 inches long screen with a notch at the top and has a dual rear camera of 12+12MP and a front camera of 20MP. The device has also a powerful 3400mAh battery capacity which also supports fast charging.
Now let’s jump into the main section of this article.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8
This guide is meant to support Xiaomi Mi 8 with the code name dipper only. So, it is adviced not to use the resources and the steps of this guide on any other device or model.
For your comfort, we have separated this whole guide into different sections. This guide includes prerequisites in the first section, downloads in the second section and in the last one, we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8.
Before going into the installation process of TWRP Recovery here are some basic requirements mention below that you need to fulfill so, you can easily proceed further.
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery level before starting the process.
- I will recommend you to take a full back-up of your device because it can be wiped out during the process.
- Kindly install the ADB and fastboot tools.
- Now, you need to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8 before you get into the instruction section.
- Install the suitable USB drivers for your Xiaomi Mi 8 device.
- In the last, enable the USB debugging mode and OEM Unlock from the Android developer’s settings.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8 via Fastboot
- In the first step, you need to download the TWRP Recovery image file from the above link provided.
- After downloading the file rename it as ‘recovery.img’.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to the ‘ADB Folder’ which is located in ‘local disk-C’.
- power off your device properly.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing the ‘volume down+power button’ together.
- Connect your device with your system via USB Cable.
- After performing the above steps, Go to ‘ADB folder’ and select ‘open Power Shell window here’ by pressing ‘Shift key+right click’ on an empty space.
- Execute the command given below to flash the TWRP Recovery img file on Xiaomi Mi 8:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by flashing the command given below:
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
So these were the steps that you need to take in order to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8. If in case you face any kind of trouble during the installing process so you can leave us a comment below.