If you are also looking for the soloution to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 then you have to come to the right place. In this whole guide, I have included all the steps and requirements which you need to install TWRP Recovery on your device. So just stick to this article until the end of it.
Before talking about the instructions let’s have a quick look over the specification of this device. Xiaomi Mi 3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2GB of RAM and different internal option which is 16/64GB. This device comes up with 13MP of the main camera and 2MP of front camera. If we talk about the battery then the device has a 3050mAh battery option.
Now, look at the features that you will get after installing the TWRP Recovery on your device. Installation of TWRP Recovery allows you to flash ROMs, ZIPs, Images, etc and you will also able to root your device with magisk to unlock the real powers of Xiaomi Mi 3.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 (Cancro)
For all the reader’s convenience, we have divided this whole guide into three subsections. The first one is prerequisites, the second is downloads section and in the last one, we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3.
Part-1: Backup your Xiaomi Mi 3
We will highly recommend you to take a full back-up of your device because installing TWRP Recovery is quite risky in terms of loosing of data. If you perform any wrong step while installing TWRP then you could face a huge loss of your device data, so it’s better to take backup rather than regret later.
You can either use Google drive, Hard disks or Pendrives to take a fully secure backup of your device data. If you want a full detailed article on the backup process so you can search for it on Google.
Part-2: Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tools
The second step that you have to take is to install the Minimal ADB and fastboot tools on your system in order to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3. Without installing it you wouldn’t be able to push ADB commands to your Xiaomi from PC device which is a necessary step for installing TWRP Recovery.
To download the ADB and fastboot tools on your windows/mac, so you can visit this link
Part-3: Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking of the bootloader is the next required step that you need to take to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3. Without unlocking it you wouldn’t be able to take further steps.
Part-4: Enable USB Debugging and Advanced Reboot
In the last step, we have to enable the USB debugging mode and Advanced Reboot option to apply some modification on your device. Enabling of USB debugging mode makes a proper connection between the device and PC and it will also allow the PC to perform some specific commands over your device.
After enabling USB debugging mode make sure you also enabled the Advanced Reboot system which will help you to choose the Rebooting system wisely. Enabling of Advanced Reboot will help you later at the time of rooting your device and will also make the flashing process simple.
To enable both the option you need to follow all the steps mentioned below:
- First, Go to android settings and then click on “About phone”
- Now keep tapping on “Build Number” until you see the text on your device screen “You are a developer”.
- Go back to the main setting of your device>Systems>developer option.
- Now click on the toggle of Advanced Reboot and USB debugging which you will find under the Debugging mode.
In this section, I have integrated some downloads link which will be required to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3.
- TWRP Recovery.img file for Xiaomi Mi 3
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3 via fastboot
- First, you need to download the TWRP recovery image file from the above-provided link
- rename the downloaded file as “recovery.img”.
- Transfer the downloaded file into the ADB folder which you will find in “Local disk -C”.
- Now, connect your device with your system via USB Cable.
- After connecting your device go to “adb folder” and press “shift+right click” on an empty space of it and then choose “Open PowerShell window here”
- Now apply the command given below to boot Xiaomi Mi 3 into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Before proceeding further you need to check whether your device is properly connected or not with your system. And for that, you need to perform the command given below and if your device unique serial number is showing on the screen then you are good to move forward otherwise try to re-connect your device again:
- After done with the above steps you are ready to flash your device. Run the command mentioned below to flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- In the end, you need to enter the command given below to reboot your device into your OS:
So that’s it these were the steps that you need to follow to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3. If you face any kind of trouble during the installation process so you can simply ask us by dropping a comment below.