Finally! you have made a choice to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X. Through this detailed guide, you will get to know about the whole process of installing TWRP Recovery on your device. So just read this article until the end.
OnePlus devices are always known for its amazing specifications. OnePlus X is also a good device with awesome specs. So let’s take a look at the features of OnePlus X before going further. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor and it includes 3 GB of RAM and 16 of GB of in-built storage which is easily expandable up to 128 GB through a micro SD card.
If we talk about the screen display and other features then the device comes up with 5 inches long touch-screen display with a resolution of 1080*1920 megapixels and the device has a rear camera of 13 MP and a front camera of 8 MP. Now let’s talk about the main topic which is installation of TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X (Onyx)
The guide only supports OnePlus X (Codename: Onyx). So, please do not try the guide, its downloads, and instructions on any other device or model.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications will void the manufacturer warranty of your OnePlus phone. This guide is for educational purpose only. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device. In case, if anything goes wrong, we can assist you to troubleshoot with the issue.
We have divided this whole guide into some smaller section so all the readers can easily understand without any hurdle. The first section is prerequisites and the second one is downloads section and the last section is all about the steps that you have to take to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X.
This section involves all the basic things that you need to keep in mind before you proceed further towards the installation process.
- While flashing TWRP Recovery, your device can be wiped out. So it’s better to take a full backup of your data.
- Make sure that your device is charged at a sufficient battery level. So that you don’t have to face any kind of battery issue.
- It’s mandatory to have an unlocked bootloader. So, unlock the bootloader of OnePlus X before getting into the steps of installing TWRP Recovery.
- Install the latest minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
- Latest USB Drivers for OnePlus X must already be installed in your system.
- At last, kindly enable the USB Debugging mode and OEM Unlocking in the Developer option in your Android settings.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus X
- Latest USB Drivers for OnePlus X
- ADB and Fastboot tools
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X via Fastboot
Below are the steps that you have to perform in order to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X using Fastboot method. Please follow the steps very carefully.
1. Download the TWRP Recovery img file for your device from the above link.
2. Once downloaded, rename it as ‘recovery.img‘.
3. After renaming the file, move it to the ‘ADB Folder‘ which you will find in your ‘Local-disk C’ of your PC.
4. Now, you need to connect your device with your system through USB Cable.
5. After connecting your device, go to the ‘ADB Folder’ and press “Shift Key + Right click’ on an empty space and then choose ‘Open PowerShell window here‘ from the options.
6. In the PowerShell window, execute the command given below to boot OnePlus X into bootloader or fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Now you need to check whether your device is successfully connected or not with your system. For that push the command given below. If your device ID is showing on the screen then you are good to move further otherwise try to re-connect your device again:
8. If your device is connected properly, then you are ready to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X by entering the command given below:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. In the last, enter the command given below to reboot OnePlus X into OxygenOS:
So finally! you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X with the help of the steps mentioned above. If in-case you face any kind of trouble during the process, just drop us a comment below.