SamFirm is a Windows-operated software that helps you download the latest Samsung Stock Firmware. There are probably many resources and tools available on the internet that lets you download the same, but since SamFirm is a reliable tool and does the job with ease, it’s majorly recommended.
In the pursuit of attaining privileged control, these days, Android smartphone users are excessively trying their hands on various practices such as rooting, installing custom ROMs, and tweaking system settings. It might sounds “cool” to do that; however, on the other side, it may put your device at risk – the risks that come along with modifying and making changes in the OS.
Now, there could be an array of reasons why you want to download the Samsung Stock Firmware Downloader. If you’re encountering weird errors or your Phone started having bootloop issues after rooting or installing a custom ROM, then it means you might have bricked the device. So now what?
Unfortunately, there’s no way you can undo or revert the changes you have made that led to unexpected issues, but flashing the latest Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device is probably the only option to resolve the problems. To make you the task easy and get going, below is the detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to download the latest Samsung Stock Firmware using SamFirm Tool.
SamFirm – An Overview
Before we get into the download section, we would like to introduce you to the prominent features and working of this tool.
SamFirm is a Windows-based free-to-use Samsung Stock Firmware downloader developed by senior XDA member zxz0O0. It’s compatible with Windows XP and all the higher versions. With the help of this tool, you can get the latest stock firmware (Odin flashable files) that too, officially from Samsung servers.
According to the official thread on XDA, the tool has been deprecated and now replaced by Updato.com, so advisably, you should make use of this website for downloading the Samsung Stock Firmware. However, SamFirm is still working fine without any issues, so here’s in this article we are going to show you how you can use it to get the job done.
Utilizing this tool is straightforward and doesn’t need much information to get started with – you’ll be required to provide the device model number and country/region to find you the latest Stock Firmware to download. Another way to find the correct Firmware is by entering the PDA, CSC, and Phone.
You can make sure that you’re proceeding with the correct Firmware by validating the input beforehand. But fret not, below, we have covered it all from finding the device model number to downloading the Stock Firmware.
It’s a light-weighted application that sizes up to 695 KB only. The tool works in such a way that it firstly download the Firmware in the encrypted format and then automatically decrypts it subsequently. If you have a fast internet connection, it should not take much time for the completion of the process.
Note: With SamFirm, you can only download the latest Firmware, so if you are looking for older versions, you can head over to any reliable third-party resources or have a look at the popular Firmware archives such as SamMobile, Samsung-Updates, etc.
Download SamFirm Tool
The best thing about SamFirm is that it’s a portable Windows application that means you’ll not even require to install it. All you need to do is download and extract the tool on your PC, open it, enter the asked details to find the Stock Firmware for your Samsung device, and you’re ready to flash with the appropriate file.
But before we download the SamFirm tool, below are some of the requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- SamFirm requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to run, so make sure to install it on your PC if you don’t have it.
- Download any Windows archive utilities like 7zip or WinRAR to help you extract the installer.
- Your computer should be connected to a stable internet connection.
How to use SamFirm for Downloading the Latest Samsung Stock Firmware?
From the link given below, you can download the latest version of SamFirm on your computer. Once done, open the downloaded .zip file using any extractor tool we have mentioned above. Under the folder, right-click on SamFirm.exe file and choose Extract to a specific folder and select the destination path as Desktop, then click OK. Now head over to your Desktop and launch SamFirm by double-clicking on its icon.
- Firstly, under the Firmware Info, enter your Samsung Galaxy device’s model number within the Model field. If you aren’t sure about it, you can confirm it by navigating to the Phone’s Settings >> About Phone. Type the full model number that would include both alphabets and digits, e.g., “SM-*****.”
- Now, click on the box next to the Region, and here you will be required to write the CSC or Country-Specific Code. It’s a unique code for each country or region or network carrier and consists of country-specific changes. To download the exact firmware file for your device, the correct CSC version is important, so in order to know what it’s, you can take the help of the Phone INFO app.
- After filling up the required info, check/tick the Auto box.
- Next, click on the Check Update button.
- Now, wait for a while until SamFirm finds the latest Stock Firmware for your Phone.
- Upon completion, you will see the details filled up under the Download section.
- Make sure the both Check CRC32 and Decrypt automatically are checked. As already mentioned, SamFirm is designed in a way that it download the stock firmware file in the encrypted “.zip.enc2” and “.zip.enc4” formats, therefore enabling the above options would automatically decrypt the Firmware into.zip file extension.
- Without giving in a second thought, smash the Download button. Now you will be prompted to choose the download location where you want to save the file, so do it as per your choice and preference.
Since the Stock Firmware file comes relatively big in size, the download will take you a few minutes, depending on your internet speed. And most importantly, make sure that your PC has enough to accommodate the Firmware file. Once it gets downloaded, unzip the file, and you will see the Firmware with .tar.md5 extension. Now you can manually install the Stock Firmware on your Galaxy device using the appropriate version of Samsung Odin.
And that’s all for this tutorial. We hope it helped you restoring the device to the latest Samsung Stock Firmware.